Sunday, October 12, 2008

New obsession

I have a new obsession and it is not one I thought I would ever have. Karaoke on playstation. For all that know me I am really quite quiet and shy not really the all out girl. Well as of saturday at Dougs party, I was persuaded with much encouragement (and after everyone else had done it), to sing a song on the American Idol playstation game. I stood in front of everyone with my hands shaking as the music began. As soon as the lyrics started, everyone began singing with me. It was amazing because even though I was still nervous, the support of all behind me and that I was okay, just made it easier. Not that I will start up solos anytime soon because I am far from that, but it was fun.

After that we all started singing duets. This part of the game became my obsession. Not only singing which was so fun, but also just watching, listening, and even joining occasionally. We played for a while until Michelle and I had to leave requesting they continue over at our house because Michelle had to make dinner. Carrie brought the game over later but we didn't play that night.

The next night however, Kami wanted to sing so we all took turns singing solo and then began the night of duets. The thing about the game is I really don't know why it is such a addiction, but for some reason you just want to keeps singing and see if you can get better. Anyway. Just a little post for those of you who thought you would never see me kareoke, it may just happen.

4 comments:

clarkfamblog said...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44287812

ShellBell said...

It is surprising this new found love of karaoke. It is very fun and entertaining even when you are not singing - which I think is a great aspect of it. So far, I am good with video game karaokes :)

Cardine said...

Duets are my favorite, too! It kind of annoys me that more of the songs aren't true duets because some of them even have multiple parts to them.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Melissa Monday said...

Who knows, maybe we'll see you trying out for American Idol next season--huh?