Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

At FHE yesterday someone mentioned about how they were thankful for their Grandma and how we should all call our Grandparents. Though mine have all passed away, I too am very grateful for them. I am grateful for the sacrifices they made to make my parents the wonderful people they are today. On this day I would just like to especially thank my Grandpa who fought in World War 2. I want to thank him for sacrificing his time so that I have the joys of living in a free country where I can do pretty much what I want. I have the right to oppose something I don't believe in. I have the right to speak my mind. I have the right to my own opinions. I have the right to protest and many other rights I enjoy as a citizen of the wonderful United States of America. Thank you Grandpa. I love you and miss you.

5 comments:

Cardine said...

Awww... that was nice. All of my grandparents have passed away, as well. And it's true that the people before us do so much to give us the lives that we have today. A lot of the blessings that we enjoy come from those who have come before us.

Excellent post. I needed it.

Melissa Monday said...

That makes me a little teary eyed. I miss Grandpa too and couldn't help but think of him yesterday. Alden called Michael's Grandpa to thank him--it was his idea. I wished he could have called Grandpa Humphries too.

Emily said...

Thanks Cardine. I'm glad I could help if you needed it.

Melissa this makes me a little sad also because Grandpa would have loved and would have been so glad to hear Alden say thank you. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

I'm a little annoyed at this blog right now. For some reason I have fixed a couple of spelling errors like 3 times and it still won't fix them. Oh well.

Melissa Monday said...

I didn't notice any errors.