Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December

It is now December. Actually it has been for 3 days. Being the Christmas season I thought it might be fun to remember a few of my families traditions, share Christmas stories, and just bask in the joy of the season. I love this time of year. I can't wait for snow which is kind of crazy since I am always freezing. Yet there is nothing like the first good snow fall. Especially if it happens at night. I love walking in snow at night when the sky is red (I am guessing from the lights) and big fluffy snowflakes are falling blanketing the ground in a puffy white cloud. Warming up with hot chocolate. Just sitting around talking about Christmas growing up. Good memories. First we will start with the Christmas tree. For as long as I can remember when we had Thanksgiving at my Grandma and Grandpa H house we would eat dinner and then we all pile into pickups and head out into the hills to get us a Christmas tree. Unless you have done it, I can't even begin to describe how fun it is to search for the perfect tree (every ones perception of perfect is different by the way) find it and cut it down. Good ones will even smell heavenly as you cut them the pine (if you get pine) surrounding you. Sometimes its takes a couple hours, sometimes you find the right one right away but want to look around to be sure, but then usually come back to it if you can find it. Then other times you really do find a better one. Rain, snow, ice, sun, we have gone in all types of weather. Thanksgiving, just isn't Thanksgiving with out the Christmas Tree gathering.

2 comments:

warnser said...

yeah it's been a long time since I've been able to "enjoy" christmas, but as I read your descriptions I think how cool it is.

Emily said...

Thanks Warnser. I think its pretty cool too and hope that you will also get to "enjoy" Christmas again someday soon.