Friday, December 12, 2008

Brother Hess

On a sad note, Wednesday night I received word that an amazing teacher, and current Bishop of my home ward had passed away after a tremendous battle with cancer for the last 9 years. He was such a good teacher and always seemed to have the answers to the questions you had.

His knowledge of the gospel was so vast that sometimes I wondered if there was anything in the gospel he didn't know. As a teacher he was able to bring the scriptures to life. I looked forward to his class everyday. In everything he did he showed the light of Christ. He was a great example to all who knew him. Thank you Brother Hess for helping to teach me the way back home. We will all miss you but know that we will see you again.

2 comments:

Melissa Monday said...

What a neat post, Em. I love reading your blog. By the way, you poem you wrote on the top of your blog is awesome! When did you write that? I love that and love you!

Emily said...

Thanks Melissa. I wrote the poem when I changed my blog to the Christmas season. I think I was at home sick at the time. I love you too and miss you. Happy Birthday.